Headteacher of St Birinus School
Dates: Apply by Tuesday 26th March, Job start September 2019
Salary: Group 6; LT 28-34 (£77,613-£89,900)
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
St Birinus School
We are hugely proud of our school community. Outcomes for our boys (P8 +0.25) are in the top 5% of schools nationally for boys’ progress. The ethos of an all boys’ school is literally written all over the walls of the school: we pride ourselves on creating a vibrant environment in which all boys thrive. Arts sit alongside the sciences, music and dance are as popular as sport and coding, and all our boys enjoy a wide range of leadership experiences. As a member of Ridgeway Education Trust, St Birinus (Ofsted Good, March 2016) works in very close partnership with Didcot Girls’ School (Ofsted Outstanding, November 2015) and we are excited that our 300-strong mixed Didcot Sixth Form will be based predominantly at St Birinus School from September 2019. The DGS Teaching School Alliance provides excellent professional development opportunities for our team of wonderful teaching and associate staff. The Trust welcomes its first primary school in April and we look forward to further expansion in the future.
Due to our current Headteacher being appointed to lead a local Trust, we seek to appoint a dynamic and ambitious leader to continue the excellent work that he has led at St Birinus School. Working with our Governors, the Executive Headteacher and as a member of the RET Executive Team, you will share our vision for an inclusive school with high standards and aspirations for all our students. You will develop our strong and distinctive ethos as an all-boys’ school with superb teaching and learning, impeccable behaviour based on mutual respect, and a vibrant extra-curricular programme. You will see the huge potential of leading an all boys’ school with a large mixed sixth form and a close relationship with Didcot Girls’ School. Our aspiration is to be one of the very best all-boys’ schools in the country and we seek someone with a similar passion and belief in what we can achieve. There are exciting opportunities for the successful candidate’s professional development, working within this vibrant and collaborative partnership.
We are looking to appoint a leader who has:
- the drive and ambition to continue to move the school forward whilst developing a compelling vision for the future;
- a passion for learning that creates the best environment for fulfilling outcomes and ensuring that all young people achieve their full potential;
- the ability to realise and release the potential of all staff and students at the school and raise its performance to 'outstanding';
- the character and skills to work collaboratively and effectively with all stakeholders, both within and outside the school, engaging successfully with the rich science and business community in Didcot and the surrounding area;
- a strong grasp of strategic planning and an understanding of financial management.
We can offer the opportunity:
- to shape the future of a school with a distinctive all boys’ context and a large mixed sixth form in a successful MAT which serves a diverse community;
- to work with a motivated team of supportive and committed staff who passionately believe that every child matters;
- for continued professional and personal development and the ability to help shape the ongoing development of both St Birinus School and Ridgeway Education Trust.
School Tours: We warmly welcome visits to the school to experience the supportive and inclusive ethos of our school. Please contact Mrs Sophy Parkin-Haig on 01235 514705 or email email@example.com to schedule a school tour during the week beginning Monday 18th March.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 26th March 2019 at 9am
Interviews: Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd April 2019
St Birinus School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.
11-18 School, 853 students on roll, including 100 in a co-operative Sixth Form shared with Didcot Girls’ School