Independent and impartial careers information, advice and guidance is available in school, for students in years 8-13, with a careers adviser from Adviza:
Contact Angela Walker to make an appointment, Tel: 07827 947326,
Angela is in school Monday and Tuesday and a careers drop in is available at lunchtime.
For the latest careers news, please visit:
Alongside careers appointments and drop in advice sessions, Adviza offers online and traditional Morrisby psychometric testing. The test will identify your abilities and aptitudes, and match you to careers and courses which may suit you. Testing sessions are available throughout the year, at centres throughout the Thames Valley, including Oxford, Reading and Newbury. The online Morrisby testing takes two hours and is available at £85. The traditional assessment takes three hours and is available at £125. The tests are suitable for adults and students aged 15+, with a reading age of at least 12 years, although there is a bursary scheme to cover the cost, available through Adviza, for those facing economic disadvantage with an income lower than £26,000 (evidence of household income may be requested).
Three weeks after the assessment candidates receive a comprehensive feedback report delivered via a one-to-one session with a Careers Adviser which parents are welcome to attend.
To book an online or traditional Morrisby session please visit www.adviza.org.uk/morrisby
You may also find the following web sites helpful:
For general information and advice for young people on careers, housing, money, travel, learning, free time, relationships, health, work, your rights.
Choosing your options or pathways
- http://www.eclips-online.co.uk/ (login: OX118AZ)
Need money to finance your education
- www.ucas.com (course information and entry requirements and more)
- www.unistats.com (compare courses and universities)
- www.yini.org.uk (pre university and undergraduate work experience)
Work and training, CVs and apprenticeships
- http://oxcentric.oxme.info/cms/oxcentric/education-and-work (includes a useful section on creating CVs)
- http://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/ (apprenticeships and other vocational training)
- www.gov.uk/further-education-skills/apprenticeships (apprenticeship matching service)