Pupil Premium & Catch-Up Premium
How we have used the Pupil Premium to raise standards at St Birinus School
Pupil Premium funding is additional to main school funding. The funding is available to the following groups of students in years 7-11:
- Students who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM).
- Students who have been eligible for FSM in the last six years (FSM Ever 6).
- Students who are currently, or have ever been, looked after or in care (LAC).
- Students from a Forces background.
At St Birinus School in 2019/20, 18.6% of our students attract Pupil Premium funding, the purpose of which is to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential.
The school receives quarterly funding for each of the above groups of students in varying amounts, which must be used to support students or take away financial barriers that could be hindering their progress within school. The government expects the school to track each student’s progress and how the funding is being spent.
We will continue to use the Pupil Premium funding, alongside Catch-Up funding for students who join us below the expected levels of Numeracy & Literacy, to support students to raise standards and attainment. The funding has been used in different areas, including but not limited to:
- Teaching Staff - to employ additional teaching staff to reduce class sizes and improve attainment.
- Specific, targeted support for those who join St Birinus with lower than expected levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Coaching/Mentoring - to help students achieve their full potential, offering additional support to those students who need greater intervention.
- Student Managers - to support pupils' attendance, self-esteem and attitudes to learning.
- Wider Curriculum Experience - To enhance the curriculum, ensure the children are able to participate and to give children the opportunity to experience new and challenging activities.
For further information about both the Pupil Premium & Catch-Up Premium at St Birinus, please refer to the documents below.
|Pupil Premium review document for 2020 2021||04th Feb 2021||Download|
|SBS PP Strategy statement 2021 2024 Dec 22||09th Jan 2023||Download|
|Pupil Premium Funding Letter 2020 21||07th Jul 2021||Download|
|Leadership Development Plan 2020 21||08th Jul 2021||Download|
|Catch up spending statement Dec 2020||17th Dec 2020||Download|