School Health Nurse
The School Health Nurse is Sam Gould.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 07584 145733
Secondary schools across Oxfordshire now have a School Health Nurse based on the school site. Their role is to work in partnership with school staff to deliver the Healthy Child Programme, providing children and young people with public health interventions which improve health and wellbeing and enhance future outcomes.
The Public Health England priorities they deliver include:
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Puberty and Sexual Health
- Personal Health and Relationships
- Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
- Risky behaviours e.g. smoking cessation, alcohol advice
In addition, they also provide:
- Immunisations in accordance with the UK childhood immunisation schedule
- Support across transitional stages of school life
- Referrals and signposting to specialist services e.g. PCAMHS, Early Intervention Services, Contraception and Sexual Health Clinics, GP
- School-based contraception and sexual health services in line with legal frameworks, specialist training and Patient Group Directives
Duty of Care
The School Nursing Service is a confidential service for Children and Young People. This means that they can discuss personal information in the trust that their information will not be shared without their permission. However, we would pass on information if we felt it was necessary to protect the young person, or to protect somebody else. Where possible, we would always try to discuss this with the young person first. On every occasion we advise children and young people to inform their parents and carers when they have been to see the School Nurse
Accessing the School Health Nurse
Where to find me: School Nurse Office (next to first aid)
When: Drop in at break or lunch, if I am in & available then I am happy to see you, no appointment necessary.
How: Drop in as above or request an appointment through a member of staff you trust, alternatively you can:
Phone: 07584 145733
If a student is worried about attending the drop-in session, they can ask a member of school staff to support them in accessing it or, Sam is happy for the student to contact her in advance either by phone or email and she will also support them to access the session.
|School Health Nurse||Date|
|Secondary Flu School Letter 2023 2024||02nd Nov 2023||Download|
|Fact sheet for schools and parents about Group A Streptococcus (GAS) Scarlet Fever||08th Dec 2022||Download|
|Flu consent letter Ys 7 8 9||09th Dec 2022||Download|
|HPV1 YR 8 CONSENT LETTER||09th Dec 2022||Download|
|HPV 2 YR 9 CONSENT LETTER||09th Dec 2022||Download|
|Information Letter A IncreasedIncidenceOfScarletFever LetterToParents 08122022 1||09th Dec 2022||Download|
|St. Birinus School TDP Letter||23rd Mar 2023||Download|
|St Birinus School End of Year Catchup||19th Jun 2023||Download|