Employing the right staff is key to the success of our school: the Headteacher is actively involved in every interview process.
We understand that valuing and developing our staff is the best way to release their potential. In return, we seek staff who are passionate about working with young people, resilient, and with a truly growth mindset. If this is you, we look forward to hearing from you!
St Birinus School is a Family Friendly School, committed to supporting our staff so that they can carve out a professional and personal life that is fulfilling and balanced.
Quotes and soundbites from SBS staff in the recent Stakeholder Surveys ...
- "I love this place!"
- "Despite only having joined the school recently, I have found it to be a positive and supportive school, with a clear vision and values that students and staff understand"
- "St Birinus is the best managed school that I have ever worked in or been associated with"
- "I love working at St Birinus and intend to root myself here for the foreseeable future"
What SBS staff say that they value about their school ...
- "Relationships with colleagues and the community feel"
- "A strong sense of community and pride"
- "The positive influence we have on students and inclusion of all students no matter their need"
- "The strong leadership and vision from the Senior Leadership Team"
- "The focus on staff wellbeing"
Our RET Staff Charter summarises the commitment we make to all staff who join and work at Ridgeway Education Trust.
We are committed to expressing our values of high quality learning, respectful relationships and an inclusive environment in the day to day experience of staff and students throughout the school.
Ridgeway Education Trust is committed to safeguarding, equality and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff working in all its schools and volunteers to share this commitment. Recruitment to all posts will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS, references, and pre-employment safeguarding checks. All Leadership roles will require a Section 128 check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining a post. All cases are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed. To view our Safeguarding policy, please visit our website: http://www.st-birinus-school.org.uk/1852/sbs-policies. Please be aware that you will be required to bring your original degree certificate, proof of residence and photographic ID, as applicable, to interview and online searches may be made for shortlisted candidates, as part of due diligence checks.
St Birinus School is an equal opportunities employer.
|RET Privacy Notice Staff Information.pdf||02nd Jun 2019||Download|
|SBS Teaching Staff Job Description||21st Jul 2022||Download|
|SBS Teaching Staff Person Specification||21st Jul 2022||Download|
|SBS site map Mereland Road entrance OX11...||15th Mar 2023||Download|
|Safer Recruitment RET September 2023||29th Sep 2023||Download|