Maths Faculty Leader
Appointment of Faculty Leader for Mathematics
Salary scale: Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 1b (£10,825)
Required for January 2023
St Birinus School celebrates an ethos based firmly in raising the academic and personal achievement of all our students. We are values driven and return to the touchstones of Care, Courtesy and Commitment.
The school has a supportive, loyal, determined and aspirational staff, and this vacancy offers the successful candidate the opportunity to play a genuinely significant part in developing the school into a centre of excellence for all boys state education.
The governors, staff, students and parents are committed to serving our community by developing the academic performance of the school together with our inclusive, distinctive ethos. If you feel you could contribute to this exciting vision, we would be very pleased to receive your application and given the time of the process, the Headteacher is also available over the summer for conversations or any early expressions of interest on email@example.com.
The post encompasses the role of Faculty Leader and you will be the key driver in improvement in teaching and learning and outcomes in Mathematics at St Birinus.
We wish to appoint a leader who …
- has the personal qualities to inspire, motivate, support and challenge others
- will quickly become an outstanding leader of our Maths Faculty
- has proven experience of successfully raising achievement
- has the vision and ability to create and lead an outstanding Faculty
- has an aspiration and innate ability to join the senior leadership team
You will hold a relentless focus on standards and a deeply held belief that all students, and staff, can succeed, given the right opportunity and support. You operate with a positive mindset and maintain clear, step-by-step strategies to lead and nurture a beacon department with school and the county.
You will …
- be an outstanding classroom practitioner - confident, determined and dynamic
- be a creative and strategic thinker, who is able to inspire and motivate students and staff to give and achieve their best, consistently
- be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- be committed to the removal of barriers to enable every individual to achieve
- be able to analyse and track data, oversee and measure impact, and have an emerging track record of raising standards
The Application Process
If you would like to apply, please send us:
- A fully completed application form – you can download and complete an application form from the St Birinus website at the bottom of the Faculty Leader for Mathematics advertisement page
- A letter of application setting out your vision for an outstanding Maths Faculty and the aspects of leadership and professionalism required to bring this about
Please submit your application form and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date, which is 9am on Monday 3rd October 2022, with interviews scheduled that week.
A visit to St Birinus is readily encouraged for prospective candidates and are available at any point from the beginning of Term 1 2022.
Ridgeway Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff working in all its schools to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks. Please read our Safeguarding Policy, available to view on our website. Please be aware that you will be required to bring your original degree certificate, proof of residence and photographic ID, as applicable, to your interview.
St Birinus School is a Family Friendly School, committed to supporting our staff so that they can carve out a professional and personal life that is fulfilling and balanced.
Our RET Staff Charter summarises the commitment we make to all staff who join and work at Ridgeway Education Trust.
We are committed to expressing our values of high quality learning, respectful relationships and an inclusive environment in the day to day experience of staff and students throughout the school.
St Birinus School is an equal opportunities employer.