Guidance on Lessons for remote learning
(See linked documents below for further information for parents)
Where will my lessons be?
Your lessons will be set on Satchel:One. To find your lessons you should:
- Log into your account on Satchel:One
- Select ‘Calendar’
- Use the scroll bar on the right-hand side to view all of the work on your calendar
- Look for work that is in a red box – this is classwork
- Select the lesson that you are going to complete
- If the lesson will be live it will be labelled LIVE lesson with the day and time.
How should I submit my work?
Read the instructions on Satchel:One carefully to see if your work needs to be submitted to your teacher.
- Your teacher will include clear instructions telling you if they would like you to submit work to them
- If your class teacher would like you to submit a piece of work they will give you clear instructions on how it should be submitted. They may you to upload it on Satchel:One or to a TEAMS assignment.
- If you are working on paper at home please make sure your presentation is excellent as your work may be stuck into your exercise book when you return
What should I do if I need help with my work?
Your lessons should be very clear and it should be easy to understand what you need to do. If you do find that you are unsure then please work through the following steps:
- Complete the parts of the lesson you feel confident about doing
- Listen again to the loom instructions for the part of the lesson you are unsure of
- Re-read the instructions for the part you are unsure about slowly and carefully
- Ask an adult or an older brother or sister if they can explain what you need to do
- Send an email or a message on Satchel:One to your teacher explaining that you are not sure what to do – try to be very clear about which bit is confusing you
- Your teacher will be online during the lesson time to help you
If you have any questions, please do get in touch:
For general questions about remote learning please contact
Miss Hopkins, Deputy Headteacher - firstname.lastname@example.org.
For year group or subject specific questions, please us our Staff Directory to direct your query to the appropriate Head of Year or Department.
If you have forgotten your log in details or have any other problems accessing these sites then please let the following people know so that your issue can be resolved:
|Kerboodle (for Science)
|Bedrock (English) *
* please note that you can also log into Bedrock using you school Microsoft login details
See below for further information for parents about our remote learning offer.
|Access to Show My Homework
|18th Mar 2020
|How to Login to and Use Kerboodle KS3
|19th Mar 2020
|How to Login to and Use Kerboodle KS4
|19th Mar 2020
|How to Login to Educake
|20th Mar 2020
|Accessing student email from home
|04th May 2020
|A Parents Guide to SatchelOne
|04th Oct 2020
|Isolating students letter
|20th Oct 2020
|SBS HOME SCHOOL AGREEMENT Nov 2020
|01st Jan 2021
|Student Guide to Live Lessons
|04th Jan 2021
|Using Teams Assignments
|01st Feb 2021
|SBS Principles of Remote Learning
|25th Jan 2021
|DfE Remote Learning Information
|25th Jan 2021